Saturday, July 16, 2011

Character and Object Design for Animation: Head Rotations and Hands

Hello again everyone! Man, today was a whirlwind day! Had quite a doozy for an assignment today; not only did I have to take 2 of the heads I'd drawn previously and draw them from 3 different angles (straight on, 3/4, and profile view), I also had to draw 10 realistic hands in different poses, each with a cartoon hand mimicking the pose. For those doing the math, that's 26 drawings that I had to do. Luckily, I got it all done, and I feel pretty good about it! Let's take a look at them.

Lateral head rotations - Here is my submission for lateral head rotations. I particularly like the cartoon-y version, because I think it works well and is pretty consistent. The realistic one needs work (though I really enjoy the profile; I think it's the strongest of the three).
Hands - Here are my hand drawings! I'm not sure what it is, but when I'm drawing hands by themselves I have no problem whatsoever. Try to draw them on a person, though, and look out! My particular favorites here are C, D, H, and I.


So there you go. That's the fruit of my labors today. I hope you enjoy looking at them! I certainly had fun drawing them (well, most of them, anyway).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment