Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Computer 3D Modelling and Animation I: Complex Objects

Hello again, everyone! We're back, and this week we're experimenting with creating complex objects from scratch. I had a lot of fun experimenting with the program, and I think that the final products came out really well!

Couch - The first of the projects that I did, I think the couch, while good, is the weakest part of the assignments. I had several difficulties getting the shape right. After some experimentation, I finally settled on creating the basic shape of a box, then extruding the back and arms.

Laptop - One of my two favorite creations. This object took  a bit of finagling, but because I had the laptop in front of me I was able to play around with the proportions and make it look nearly identical to the real thing.

DVD Case - This was a fun one. Not much to say here. I think it came out well.
Nail Clippers - This was the last project I did, and it was rather involved (obviously). However, the final product came out well and, apart from a scare when the program stopped working for a minute, I didn't have much in the way of difficulties. This is the other one of my favorite two projects.

That's all for now! Next week we start on adding textures, which is sure to be fun!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment