Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life Drawing for Animation: Linear Structures

Hello everyone! Sorry I didn't post as much as I said I would over break. Being able to do absolutely nothing after several weeks of work and school proved to be too tempting to pass up. Luckily, I'm back at it now and am starting a new class, Life Drawing for Animation. This class is going to give me the skills necessary to draw the human figure in any pose, so I'm pretty excited to see how it goes!

The first project required us to create 25-30 linear structures of a human body in various poses, focusing on proportion and realism in the pose. The 25 drawings that I created can be seen below.



As you can see, the poses began somewhat awkwardly and were not completely proportional, but repetition soon allowed me to proportion correctly while simultaneously creating a more dynamic pose. I also experimented with foreshortening and relative size (the best example of this being the middle drawing on the second page). Overall, the drawings came out well.

Tonight I have a new assignment, so I will be posting that after I finish.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment